Fractional General Counsel
Why employ a Fractional General Counsel:
For businesses who routinely grapple with legal questions and guidance needs, a fractional general counsel arrangement can provide several advantages over the traditional employment of a full-time in-house counsel or the frequent reliance on outside “by-the-hour” advice.
- For less investment than required to employ one qualified in-house attorney, a fractional general counsel arrangement provides access to multiple attorneys providing a broad spectrum of legal skills that one person alone could not match.
- The arrangement provides a predictable monthly cost with the benefit of a contract service which can be scaled up or down as needed.
- The services are provided on-site and on-call.
When to employ a Fractional General Counsel:
Several signs indicate your business could benefit from a fractional general counsel arrangement:
- Are you spending too much time addressing legal concerns rather than focusing on your business?
- Are you not receiving timely and practical legal advice to your immediate questions?
- Are you concerned that your growing business is falling behind in legal compliance?
- Are you replacing an existing general counsel or creating the position, but unsure of the right hire or full time need for your business?
Tuggle Duggins has a team of attorneys prepared to address these concerns. We offer a no-cost introduction and assessment of your need for legal services which allows you to fully understand how a fractional general counsel arrangement could best work for your company.