- Cathy Winebarger
Michael J. Wenig
Banking & Commercial Transactions
Business Services & Governmental Affairs
Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
Estate Planning & Wealth Management
Real Estate & Construction Law
Tax Planning & Controversy
Mike Wenig, a director of the firm, concentrates his practice in corporate, limited liability company, and partnership law (including family LLCs and limited partnerships), business acquisitions and sales, affordable housing development, and state and federal tax planning and representation. Mike has over 29 years of experience counseling closely held business clients on a variety of issues. He is also a certified public accountant and has extensive experience representing individual and corporate taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service, state revenue departments, and in various courts. Mike’s experience in a number of practice areas has led to a keen insight that enables him to better assist clients in structuring their business and personal affairs in a tax advantageous manner, while maintaining a focus on their business and personal goals.
In addition to counseling clients, Mike is an award-winning speaker. He has authored materials and presented seminars on numerous business and tax topics, including choice of entity, multi-state business operations, limited liability and partnership taxation, family limited partnerships, Subchapter S corporation taxation, and state sales and use tax.
- J.D., Indiana University, cum laude
- B.S., B.A., Northeastern University, cum laude
- North Carolina Courts
- US Tax Court
- Federal Courts of North Carolina
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America in the area of Litigation and Controversy, Tax Law 2018.
- Greensboro Bar Association
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants, member of Tax Committee and Tax Modernization subcommittee
- North Carolina Bar Association, member of the Tax Council and past Chair
- American Bar Association
- American College of Tax Council
- Board Member and mentor of FIRST Team 2655, Inc., The Flying Playtpi, First Robotics Competition team