- Pearl E. Melton
H. Vaughn Ramsey
Banking & Commercial Transactions
Bankruptcy, Insolvency & Creditors' Rights
Business Services & Governmental Affairs
Estate Planning & Wealth Management
Tax Planning & Controversy
Vaughn Ramsey, a director of the firm, is a member of the Business Services and Governmental Affairs Group. He has previously served as chairman of Tuggle Duggins. Vaughn has over twenty-five years experience in general business representation, with a focus on taxation. He advises clients on a broad spectrum of business transactions, including taxable and non-taxable business sales and acquisitions, entity formation, private placements, joint ventures, general contract matters, and related transactions. In addition, Vaughn advises clients in taxpayer disputes with the Internal Revenue Service and the North Carolina Department of Revenue. Recently Vaughn has also represented debtors in bank workouts.
In addition to advising clients, Vaughn regularly lectures on state and federal income tax topics. He is a former member of the board of the J. Nelson Young UNC Tax Institute.
Prior to joining Tuggle Duggins in 1985, Vaughn was an associate with Chadbourne & Parke in New York City.
- J.D., University of North Carolina, cum laude
- Order of the Coif, University of North Carolina School of Law
- North Carolina Law Review, University of North Carolina School of Law
- LL.M. Taxation, New York University
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- North Carolina Courts
- US Tax Court
- Federal Courts of North Carolina
- Greensboro Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association