- Sheri Nester
J. Reed Johnston, Jr.
Business Services & Governmental Affairs
Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
Reed Johnston, senior counsel and former president of the firm, is a member of the Litigation Practice Group. While Reed handles a variety of general business and commercial litigation, his practice focuses on litigation, appellate, insurance, and intellectual property matters. In addition to his State Bar memberships, Reed is also a member of the Bar of the United States Supreme Court and the United States Courts of Appeal for the District of Columbia, Second, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Eighth, Ninth, and Eleventh Circuits. Reed has handled appeals in all of these Courts and in the Appellate Courts of various states including North Carolina, Missouri, Illinois, and New York.
Prior to joining Tuggle Duggins, Reed was a Trial Attorney with the United States Department of Justice in Washington, D.C., a law professor on the faculty at Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri, and a private practitioner in St. Louis.
- J.D., University of North Carolina, with high honors
- A.B., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- North Carolina Courts
- US District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- US District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- US District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- US Tax Court
- US Supreme Court
- Greensboro Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association