- Mary Beth Reynolds
Jennifer P. Himes
Banking & Commercial Transactions
Bankruptcy, Insolvency & Creditors' Rights
Business Services & Governmental Affairs
Real Estate & Construction Law
Jennifer Powers Himes brings both transactional and trial experience to serve clients with needs in the commercial, bankruptcy and real estate forums. Her practice focuses on business law, commercial litigation, real estate, insolvency and creditors’ rights law. Jennifer has represented companies in contract disputes, construction disputes, and bankruptcy proceedings in a wide range of industries including:
- Manufacturing and Retail
- Financial institutions
- Real Estate
- Construction (general and subcontractors), and
- Sole proprietorships.
- Negotiated real estate development contracts on behalf of a Fortune 500 company,
- Prevailed in numerous bench trials before state and bankruptcy courts and won an appeal before the Sixth Circuit,
- Defended the claim of her lender-client in opposition to a bankruptcy Trustee’s student loan avoidance action.
Jennifer began her career in Memphis, TN where she practiced in-house with a Fortune 500 company, and then joined a law firm that grew with its clients. Jennifer also worked in the community serving on both professional and civic boards.
Today, she helps in the Greensboro, North Carolina community by serving as a volunteer for Horsepower Therapeutic Learning Center, on the board of trustees for the Noble Academy, as well as being actively involved in the North Carolina Creditors’ Bar Association, Greensboro Bar Association, and Greensboro Chamber of Commerce.
Outside of the office, Jennifer enjoys riding her Off-track Thoroughbred, reading and participating in her book club, and running. Above all, Jennifer values time with daughter, Katie and husband, Jim.
- J.D., with honors, University of Memphis
- The Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law
- B.A., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- North Carolina
- North Carolina Courts
- Georgia Courts
- Tennessee Courts
- 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Greensboro Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Board of Trustee Member for The Noble Academy, Greensboro, NC
- Board of Directors, North Carolina Creditors Bar Association
- InterCity Committee Member for Greensboro Chamber of Commerce
- Sidewalker and barn helper for Horsepower Therapeutic Learning Center
- Participant in The Womens' Running School, through Greensboro Running Club 2014-present
- Member of Retired Racehorse Project