- Sheri Nester
Michael S. Fox
Business Services & Governmental Affairs
Labor & Employment Law
Real Estate & Construction Law
Tax Planning & Controversy
Mike Fox, a director of the firm, concentrates his practice in the areas of business litigation, real estate litigation, government affairs and zoning and land use. Mike practices regularly in state and federal court and has tried numerous business and real estate cases to a jury verdict. Mike gained extensive knowledge in land use and real estate issues by serving on the Greensboro Planning Board for six years from 2003 to 2009 and was the Chairman of the Planning Board from 2007 to 2009. In December 2009, North Carolina Governor Beverly Perdue appointed Mike to a seat on the North Carolina Board of Transportation.
Mike’s prior public service includes that of a Special Prosecutor for the North Carolina Attorney General’s Office, an assistant district attorney in Atlanta, Georgia, and an aide to a U.S. Congressman.
- J.D., University of North Carolina
- B.A., Appalachian State University, summa cum laude
- Selected by peers as one of "The Best Lawyers in America" in the category of land use and zoning, annually since 2007
- Frank D. Dupree, Sr. Scholarship, University of North Carolina School of Law
- Greensboro Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- The Salvation Army Boys and Girls Clubs
- One Step Further, Inc.
- Leadership Greensboro
- The North Carolina Chamber of Commerce
- The Greensboro Chamber of Commerce
- Chairman of the USS North Carolina Battleship Commission