- Laura Webb-Klendworth
Peter O. Evenson, Sr.
Business Services & Governmental Affairs
Real Estate & Construction Law
Tax Planning & Controversy
Pete Evenson, a director of the firm, concentrates his practice in the areas of international procurement, compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, construction claims and litigation, and nonprofit foundations. Pete has significant experience in international and domestic construction, including work as a senior officer of a large international construction company with projects in the Middle East, Caribbean, and Africa. He has broad experience with international projects financed through the World Bank, foreign (host) governments, and agencies of the United States government.
In addition to advising clients, Pete has been a member of the faculty of the International Law Institute (chartered by Georgetown University) and has lectured on procurement issues since 1982 (both in the U.S. and abroad). He has also advised foreign governments on procurement matters and policy. Through his work with the Associated General Contractors, he has addressed both the Senate Finance Committee and the House Ways and Means Committee on tax issues affecting U.S. citizens working overseas.
Pete is a North Carolina licensed certified public accountant.
- J.D., Wake Forest University
- A.B., College of William and Mary
- North Carolina Courts
- US Tax Court
- US Supreme Court
- Federal Courts of North Carolina
- Greensboro Bar Association
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- North Carolina Bar Association, Construction Industry Forum and Committee on International Law & Practice
- North Carolina Bar Association, Chair of the International Law and Practice Section Council
- General Counsel to the First Flight Foundation
- Co-chair of the Wake Forest Law School Board of Visitors for 2008-2010