Banking & Commercial Transactions
Bankruptcy, Insolvency & Creditors' Rights
Real Estate & Construction Law
Jeff Dunham has been practicing law for more than 32 years focusing on representing buyers, owners and sellers of commercial real estate. He helps clients with the drafting of all commercial real estate agreements including contracts and leases; Title Examinations; foreclosures as well as closing commercial real estate transactions. Jeff works with clients in a variety of industries including solar, furniture, hospitality and financial services and he is certified as a Specialist in Real Estate Transactions: Business, Commercial and Industrial Transactions by the North Carolina State Bar.
1. Represented Army Corps of Engineers in $28,000,000 purchase of Overhills estate from Rockefeller family to add 10,000 acres to Fort Bragg.
2. Performed title examinations and certified title to dozens of tracts of land for Cape Fear Valley Hospital System conversion from public ownership by Cumberland County to corporate ownership.
3. Represented lender in $19,000,000 construction/permanent loan for multi-family project in Alamance County.
4. Represented solar developers in acquisition and construction of dozens of solar projects across North Carolina most recently on construction and $19,000,000 financing of two 6.5 megawatt solar sites in Hertford County.
5. Represented client in acquisition of site, negotiation of lease for and then sale to investor of Sheetz store in Greensboro, NC.
6. Represented various lenders in more than ten apartment construction and purchase transactions across North Carolina in the last three years.
Outside of the office:
Even though Jeff grew up in Eastern North Carolina, he is an avid Pittsburgh Pirates fan. In addition, he follows sports at both his undergraduate as well as law school alma maters – which can cause some angst when the teams are playing against one another.
Jeff stays active and recently completed his 2nd marathon.