- Kim Cox
James N. Duggins, Jr.
Business Services & Governmental Affairs
Estate Planning & Wealth Management
Tax Planning & Controversy
Jim Duggins, a director of the firm, has practiced law in Greensboro for more than forty years and is a founding member of the firm.
Jim, a Certified Public Accountant, has a wide range of experience in the business/transactional and tax areas. His practice focuses on general representation of business entities and includes the formation and disposition of interests in partnerships, LLCs and corporations. Jim has broad experience in general representation of medium to large closely-held businesses in both domestic and international transactions. Jim has also practiced extensively in the areas of Health Care and Estate Planning & Administration. He has been active in continuing professional education programs for the legal and accounting professions.
- J.D., University of North Carolina, with honors
- Business Manager of the Law Review
- Inducted into the Order of the Coif
- B.S., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Member of Phi Eta Sigma, Beta Gamma Sigma & Phi Beta Kappa
- North Carolina Courts
- US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- US Tax Court
- US Supreme Court
- Federal Courts of North Carolina
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America in the area of Tax Law
- Greensboro Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association