- Sheri Nester
Jaye E. Bingham-Hinch
Labor & Employment Law
Jaye Bingham-Hinch has been litigating in state and federal courts throughout North Carolina since 1998 and concentrates her practice in the areas of appellate law and general litigation.
As a North Carolina Board Certified Appellate Specialist (2012), Jaye handles appeals from start to finish, including record preparation, briefing, motions, petitions and oral argument. She has handled approximately 200 appeals and written more than 575 briefs throughout her career and regularly advises attorneys regarding the preservation of appellate issues at the trial court level.
Jaye has served as an Adjunct Professor of legal research, writing, analysis and appellate advocacy at both the University of North Carolina School of Law (2005-2011) and Campbell University School of Law (2009-2010), and she does pro bono work for the North Carolina Guardian Ad Litem Appellate Program. She was selected to Best Lawyers in America 2016 & 2017 in Appellate Law. Prior to coming to Tuggle Duggins, Jaye was a Partner at a large law firm in North Carolina and served as Chair of the Appellate Section of the firm for fourteen years. She also worked as a law clerk to former Chief Judge John C. Martin of the North Carolina Court of Appeals in 1997-1998.
As a litigator, Jaye represents businesses and individuals in litigation involving retail and hospitality, commercial litigation, premises liability, negligent security, product liability, contract disputes, medical malpractice and workers’ compensation. She has tried multiple cases to successful verdicts for her clients. Jaye’s achievements have been recognized by attainment of the highest (“AV”) rating in Martindale-Hubbell, a prestigious peer review rating for attorneys. She has also been selected to Best Lawyers Business Edition Spring 2016 & 2017, “Women in the Law.”
Outside of the office, Jaye enjoys spending time with her family, including her son and daughter, watching sports, being outdoors, traveling, volunteering at a local elementary school and playing with the family dog, Annie.
- JD, University of North Carolina
- Teaching Assistant, First-year Research, Writing and Appellate Advocacy Course
- AB, Duke University, Cum laude
- Braxton Craven Scholarship
- North Carolina Courts
- US District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- US District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- US District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Best Lawyers in America 2016 - 2018 in Appellate Law
- Best Lawyers Business Edition Spring 2016 & 2017, "Women in the Law"
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rated
- Greensboro Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association (Appellate Practice Council)
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Guardian Ad Litem Appellate Program attorney
- Local elementary school volunteer